1. Students must wear a red Vic Pitre uniform shirt purchased at Johnson’s or Kajun Uniforms or Soul Train. Pre-K students have special purple shirts that must be worn.
2. Belts are mandatory and must be worn if there are belt loops on the garment (girls and boys).
3. Students in grades Pre K – 3 must wear navy blue uniform shorts/pants, skirts, jumpers that are no more than three inches above the knee. Students in grades 4 and 5 MUST wear navy blue uniform shorts/pants only. Skirts, skorts ,jumpers, etc. are not allowed in grades 4 and 5. (Denim/jeans are not allowed in any grade except on announced dress-down days.) All pants must be worn on the waist, not sagging to the buttocks area. Underwear shall not be shown.
4. NAVY sweatpants (cotton only) will be ACCEPTABLE DURING COOL WEATHER ONLY.
5. RED VIC PITRE sweatshirts, windbreakers, or jackets are the only acceptable outer garments allowed in the building at school. Any other type of outer garment can only be worn when outside.
6. Long sleeve solid red or white shirts may be worn under the short sleeve uniform shirt during cool weather only. No other colors or combination of colors are allowed.
7. Solid white short sleeve T-shirts are allowed under the short sleeve uniform shirt only if the white short sleeves do not hang lower than the uniform short sleeves. No other shirts are allowed under the uniform shirt. Students will have to remove such shirts if worn to school.
8. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. “Tucked in” means having the shirt pulled down as far as possible in the bottom garment. Students may not tuck the shirt in then pull it out until only the hem is still tucked. The students’ waistbands must be visible. This is a safety issue.
9. Tennis shoes the ONLY allowed school shoe. THEY MUST BE WORN EVERYDAY. Tennis shoes that make noise, have flashing lights, have wheels or any distracting factors will not be allowed.
Shoes with laces must be laced and tied at all times. All Velcro must be properly secured.
10. STUDENTS MUST WEAR WHITE SOCKS EVERYDAY. SOCKS MUST COVER THE ANKLES. (crew socks only, no footies or athletic socks that expose the ankle)
11. All uniforms must be in good condition and clean each day. Notices will go home if the garment is dirty, ripped, or too faded. If the situation is not remedied in 5 days, the student will be disciplined.
12. Students who enroll after August will have 5 days in which to get a Vic Pitre uniform or the student will be disciplined.
13. The only jewelry allowed will be: small stud (non-dangling) earrings for female students and watches. Purses are not allowed.
14. False fingernails (whether sculpted or glue-on) are not allowed.
15. Artificial unnaturally colored hair and distracting hairstyles are not allowed. (Examples of such are: hot pink, blue or purple hair. Mohawks and spiked hair are other examples. These are examples, not the full list of distractions.)
15. Cargo, Capri, or other types of non-uniform bottoms are not allowed.
16. No rolling backpacks.